The platform provides access to Brill's reference works, including:
* Brill's New Pauly and Der Neue Pauly has become a recognized standard reference work for students and scholars of the ancient world. Now, the complete original Der Neue Pauly together with Brill’s New Pauly are offered online. New Pauly Online will allow the researcher to have the most complete database available. New Pauly Online is automatically updated whenever a new volume is published.
* The Encyclopedia of Islam (New Edition) sets out the present state of our knowledge of the Islamic World. It is a unique and invaluable reference tool, an essential key to understanding the world of Islam, and the authoritative source not only on the religion, but also on the believers and the countries in which they live.
* The Coptic Gnostic Library Online continues where the Dead Sea Scrolls left off. Our main sources of information for the Gnostic religion are the so-called Nag Hammadi codices, written in Coptic.
* Gregorii Nysseni Opera Online is the ultimate online critical text edition of Gregory of Nyssa's works based on all available known manuscripts, introduced with a complete discussion of the textual transmission and accompanied by extensive annotations on the biblical, classical and patristic sources, and indices.
* Lexicon Gregorianum Online is the most comprehensive Greek-German dictionary of the language used by Gregory of Nyssa. It is the only dictionary available specifically addressing the vocabulary of late Classical Greek. It documents Gregory's complete vocabulary, taking account of the syntax, meaning and connotations of every occurrence of a key word in his writings.
Further reference works may be available due to local subscription.
Brill Online Reference Works
|Collections Included:||more ...|
|Subject Category:||Social Sci. + Humanities|
|Keyword:||Asian studies, Biblical studies, Byzantine studies, Classical studies, Classical philology, Ethnography, Geography, Islamic studies, Islam, Law, Medieval Latin and modern Greek studies, Religious studies, Theology|
|Resource Type:||Book Collection, Reference Work|
|Scope:||Max Planck Society|
|Usage Conditions:||more ...|
|Funding:||The Germany-wide access to the "Coptic Gnostic Library", "Gregorii Nysseni Opera Online" and "Lexicon Gregorianum Online"is enabled by the advancement of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) under the programme "Specialised Information Services" and organized by the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek München|
|Related Records:||Content searchable via: MPG e-Book Index|